Lives in: Reading RG30
Local info and availability:
Reading and surrounding areas
Thank you for visiting my profile. My name is Dennisha Villaverde. I live in Reading with my partner and our 2 children. I am currently a mentored birth and post natal doula, having completed my training with Kicki Hansard and the Birth Bliss Academy. I also volunteer as part of the Reading Maternity Voices Partnership.
I first attended a birth when I was 17 years old and looking back I see this is where my doula journey started. The idea of being able to help families to have supported and informed birth experiences struck a chord with me. The more I learned about the support a doula can offer and the difference having a doula present at a birth can make, the more I knew this was the path for me. I believe every woman should have the opportunity to have their birth experience in a way that makes them feel informed, prepared, in control and listened to and to start their new life as a mother in a positive way. Being able to be a part of this is a wonderful privilege.
I also feel that it is important that partners feel supported as pregnancy, labour and birth can often be a difficult time for them. I will work with partners to help them to support their loved one but also provide support that they may need through this journey.
As a mentored birth doula I can offer:
- 1-2-1 antenatal sessions
- Explore your birth preferences
- I am available on the telephone and via email
- On call period from week 38 of your pregnancy until your baby is born
- Continuous support during your labour and birth
- A post natal visit to discuss your birth experience and to see how you are settling in as a new family
As a mentored post natal doula I can offer:
- Support with feeding
- Support, care and assistance in the weeks after your baby is born
- A listening ear
- Signposting to local services that may be beneficial to you
- Looking after baby while you have a rest
- Sibling support to encourage/promote bonding
- Support with getting out and about including accompanying you to medical/clinic appointments for you and baby
- Help with light household duties, including washing and ironing
- Help putting baby furniture together or arranging the nursery