Birth (Recognised since September 2023)
Lives in: Surbiton KT6
Local info and availability:
I’m based in Surbiton, Surrey. Happy to travel to London, Surrey and neighbouring counties as I can drive or take public transport.
Life and Career coaching
Hi, I’m Jenna and I’m a qualified Birth and Postnatal Doula. I became a doula after having the life changing experience of having a doula for both my births. It truly is a calling and I put my clients at the centre of what I do.
As your doula I will provide the best evidence-based knowledge combined with the wisdom of those who’ve walked this path before. Having a doula by your side helps you avoid potholes in the road as navigating the maternity system can be overwhelming. One of my passions is empowering my clients to advocate for themselves and when that’s not possible being their advocate. Medical appointments can leave even the most confident person vulnerable and I’m here to bring calm and clarity to your journey whether that is through birth or postnatally as you adjust to being a new family.
Knowledge is power. When you hire me as a doula you won’t just benefit from my experience, but all those in my extensive network of lactation consultants, tongue tie specialists, bodywork therapists, osteopaths, hypnobirthing teachers, babywearing consultants, therapists, and of course other doulas. I help my clients find the right help for them as well as coming up with solutions whether it’s coping with pregnancy, finding better positions for labour or soothing an infant.
Chemistry is the foundation of a successful doula supported journey. That is why I offer free ‘chemistry’ interviews to all prospective clients. It’s so important that you find the right doula for you. Someone who is reassuring, makes you feel heard, and someone you can be your most vulnerable with.
I am also very open to work with different family and birthing set ups, be it clients from the LGBTQ+ community, surrogacy, adoption or any other circumstances.
Please check out my website for more information on my packages and if you have any questions at all please do get in touch. I want you to invest in yourself and your journey to becoming a parent.
Areas of Interest
- Kingston Hospital Maternity Voice Partnership – Member of the Kingston Hospital MVP since the birth of my first daughter working with the whole medical team at Kingston Hospital.
- Career and Life coaching – Navigating motherhood, relationships and returning to work can be daunting so I can bring my years of coaching executive parents to your journey.
- Baby wearing – I’ve loved carrying both my children and helping parents through working at Children’s Centre Sling library sessions with Sheen Slings.
- Gestational Diabetes – Diet controlled GDM with 1st pregnancy and managed to avoid it in my second through diet and lifestyle. I’ve also helped other women through Natalie Meddings’ wonderful mother matching service.
- Pregnancy after Loss – My babies are rainbows and I understand the anxiety that comes with pregnancy after loss.
Hospitals I’ve supported births at:
- Kingston Hospital
- Chelsea & Westminster
- East Surrey