Birth (Recognised since July 2012)
Lives in: Reading RG5
Local info and availability:
I'm based in Woodley, near Reading and I'm happy to support you for a homebirth and to travel to any of the surrounding maternity units, which would include RBH, Basingstoke, Frimley, John Radcliffe, Wexham Park and the midwife led units in Wallingford and High Wycombe.
Pregnancy & Postnatal Massage, Maternity Reflexology, Antenatal Preparation, Birth Partner Sessions, Mother Blessing Ceremony, Bengkung Belly Binding, Closing The Bones, Placenta Encapsulation & Mizan abdominal massage
Hi, welcome to my page, I’m so pleased that you are exploring having a doula to support you through your pregnancy and birth.
I believe having a doula’s support can give you so much more confidence, also helping to reduce any anxiety and hopefully have a calming effect to help you prepare for your journey into parenthood.
I do feel that it’s very important for women to have the information they need to make informed choices on how they would like to be supported during their pregnancy and birth. I feel passionately that women should feel in control throughout and my role as a birth doula is to provide you with a safe and calm environment by listening to your needs, liaising with health professionals and if you wish, guiding you through active birth techniques.
Childbirth doesn’t need to be (and usually isn’t) as traumatic and scary as is often portrayed in the media. I strongly believe that women have an innate ability to give birth, even though they may sometimes not feel ready.
You may have some questions about me or maybe you’d like a bit more information about my support before, during and after your birth. I’d love to hear from you, feel free to get in touch to find out if I’m the right doula for you.
Please feel free to call me at home on 0118 9697461 or on my mobile 07580 540 342.
Or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me through my website http://www.celtictouch.co.uk/or via Facebook on the link above.
I love attending courses & study days to keep updated and adding more skills and knowledge. These have included
- Maternity Reflexology with Suzanne Enzer in 2007
- Suzanne Yates in 2005 for Pregnancy/Postnatal Massage, Massage in Labour in 2011/12 & Shiatsu skills for Maternity care in 2015.
- Birth Crisis with Sheila Kitzinger
- Waterbirth with Dianne Garland,
- Optimal Feotal Positioning with Jean Sutton
- Chichester Homebirth Conferences
- Womb to World Conference
- Supporting Parents through Pregnancy Loss and the Death of a Baby with The CBC Charity
- The Language of Hypnosis and Relaxation, Breathing and Physical Skills
- Men Becoming Fathers.
- Rebozo workshop with Stacia Smales Hill
- Hand Reflexology with Penny Odhams
- Level 1 course in Bach Flower Remedies
- Waterbirth with Liz Nightingale IM
- Birth Art Cafe, trained with Tamara Donn
- Hypnobirthing & Emotional Freedom Technique with Catherine Stott BSc DHP
- Bengkung Belly Binding with Nicola Goodall
- Closing the Bones with Sophie Messenger & Maddie McMahon
- Herbs for Birth workers with Kate Scott (Herbalist)
- Mizan Therapy with Bushra Finch
- Aromatherapy for Childbirth with Lindsay Woodman & Jude Davis
As a doula I have been very privileged in supporting women and their partners during their first, second and subsequent births, both at home and in maternity units. I have experience of supporting women during natural birth, waterbirth, lotus birth and also with induction of labour, assisted birth, VBAC and caesarean births.
I have supported couples of different nationalities, worked alongside an interpreter, whilst also ensuring cultural traditions are upheld for both mother and baby.