Postnatal (Mentored)Birth (Mentored)
Lives in: Peckham SE15
Local info and availability:
I am based in South London: Dulwich, Peckham, Camberwell, Brixton Lewisham, Wandsworth, Kennington, Bromley, Croydon, Southwark, Greenwich, Lambeth, Borough Rotherhithe, Nunhead, Walworth, Balham, Tooting, Richmond, Herne Hill, Clapham, Streatham Tulse hill, Oval, Thornton, Gipsy Hill, New Cross, Blackheath, Catford, Bellingham, Sydenham, Forest Hill, Perry Vale, Lee Green, Grove Park, Bellingham, Eltham, Thamesmead, Woolwich, Plumstead, Abbey wood, Kidbrooke, East Dulwich, Telegraph Hill, Honour Oak, West Norwood. I also cover the rest of London, Kent, Essex and Hertfordshire, East Sussex and West Sussex.
Languages spoken other than English:
Specialist support: Mental health, learning disability, eating disorders, Muslim women, young mums, sexual abuse, abortion, miscarriage, stillbirth. KG Hypnobirthing teacher, Birth preparation, Birth trauma debrief, Black doula, Women of colour, Global doula
Hello & Congratulations if you’re expecting!
Are you looking for a fun, compassionate and informed Doula?🙋🏽
Check out my Introduction Video on Youtube –> Click Me
I’m Syanne! I have one lovely daughter born in 2017 whose father is from Egypt. My parents are from Ghana and Jamaica, but I was born and brought up in South London. I became a Doula after experiencing quite a difficult birth and realising the enormous support that a doula can provide. I am really passionate about mental health and birth and aim to do a PHD in perinatal mental health. I love going out to eat, taking a walk in the park or watching American tv programmes. I don’t want anyone to go without feeling supported in their birth so can be flexible with time and money.
I’ll be your wingwoman throughout the pregnancy, birth and the early days so you can feel calm, confident and supported throughout your journey into motherhood.
- I use a holistic approach and focus on helping the mother achieve an experience of birth where they feel in control
- I have 5 years of experience working in mental health. I have worked with women experiencing, anxiety, depression and psychosis in pregnancy and beyond. I will support you and equip you with coping mechanisms for birth and the postnatal period
- I am a Muslim doula and have knowledge of religious and cultural practices relating to Islam and birth
- I provide continuity of care. If you are a single parent I can attend all of your appointments and offer you extra support if I will be your only birth partner
- I do not judge anyone on their birth preferences and support people to make informed choices regarding their birth and motherhood
Contact me if…
you want a calm reassuring presence
you don’t want to be told what to do but kept informed of what you can do
you want someone to protect your privacy
you want someone to listen to you and have your back
Education, Achievements & Memberships
Professional Member at Evidence Based Birth®, where I receive frequent continuing education on the best practices in the field
Spinning Babies® Workshop
Aromatherapy for Childbirth
Birth Bliss Doula of the Month – June
KG Hypnobirthing Teacher Diploma
Eating Disorders and Pregnancy Training
Birth Bliss Doula Training
CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
MSc Early Intervention in Psychosis
BSc Psychology (1st)
Full Clean Drivers Licence
Full recent DBS (CRB)
Please feel free to get in touch for an informal chat to discuss your individual needs.