The sixth annual Doula UK conference will take place on Saturday 24th March 2018 at etc.venues St Paul’s, 200 Aldersgate, EC1A 4HD. It will explore how doulas and other birth and postnatal workers can support survivors of trauma and abuse, and each other.
Confirmed speakers so far…
- Kicki Hansard – When Survivors Give Birth Educator, doula, author, doula trainer
- Adjoa Kufuor – Regional Adviser on Gender and Women’s Rights, UNHCR
- Bridget Supple – Antenatal educator and facilitator
- Hilary Lewin – Doula UK founding member and Arvigo trainer
- Rebecca Schiller – Doula, writer, CEO Birthrights
- Riga Forbes – Doula, facilitator, therapist and author
- Maddie McMahon – Doula, author, doula trainer
- Dr Mari Greenfield – Doula, researcher.
The event is open to doulas, midwives, breastfeeding supporters, antenatal teachers, health visitors, OBGYNs, other birthworkers, and anyone else who has an interest in birth work! Babes in arms (roughly 0-6 months) are always welcome.
Registration will be from 8am and the day of talks, workshops, networking and exhibition will begin at 9am, and finish by 6pm.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.