As a Friend of Doula UK
Join Doula UK and you will be supporting the work of Doula UK, as well as ensuring you stay updated with doulaing in the UK and get benefits for yourself.
The benefits of becoming a Friend of Doula UK are:
- Know you are supporting the work of Doula UK, including the promotion of life-changing support for women and families, regardless of circumstances
- ‘The Doula’ magazine (at least twice a year)
- Discounted access to Doula UK events
- Regular news and updates.
As a Doula UK doula
So you’ve finished your doula course? This is just the beginning! What are your choices now?
We do hope that you will consider joining Doula UK. Our organisation exists to promote life-changing support from skilled doulas for women & families in the childbearing year, to nurture the doula community, mentoring and supporting our members and giving confidence to parents and professionals, and to advocate for better support for UK families. We will support you so that you can better support women & families.
The benefits of becoming a member of Doula UK are:
- Membership to the well-established and best-known doula organisation in the UK
- Know you are supporting the work of Doula UK, including the promotion of life-changing support for women, regardless of circumstances
- ‘The Doula’ magazine (printed quarterly) and our monthly e-News; and regular updates– keeping you up to date with Doula UK news and giving you a wider perspective of what’s going on in the birth and postnatal world
- Discounted access to the Doula UK annual conference
- A relationship with your Doula Mentor – she is YOUR doula and provides emotional and practical support through your first few jobs, as well as always being there for you if needed
- Listing on the Find a Doula directory pages of the Doula UK website – this is how most of our clients find us and it is only available to Doula UK members. Doula UK is NOT an agency and this is a service we provide for free to parents to enable them to find the right doula for them
- Access to the members only website forum and Facebook group
- Local support and introductions to colleagues through your Rep and…
- opportunities for on-going learning through study days and meetings in your local area – you will join a thriving community, rich in knowledge and experience
- Being eligible to work for the Doula Access Fund for supporting families approved under this scheme
- Being able to accept and redeem Doula UK Vouchers
- All the advantages of the support and friendship of our many doula colleagues around the country
- Help with practical things such as contracts, leaflets etc as well as our Philosophy, Code of Conduct and other guidance documents to help guide your work
- A chance to get involved and volunteer for Doula UK – it’s fun and you don’t have to be an experienced doula to offer a little of your time to help the organisation run smoothly!