Postnatal (Recognised since December 2021)
Birth (Recognised since March 2022)
Lives in: Bristol BS3
Local info and availability:
Bristol, Bath, Cardiff, North Somerset, Taunton, Weston-Super-Mare, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire (not an exhaustive list). I am happy to travel up to 2 hours drive outside of Bristol (but do get in touch to discuss).
• KGHypnobirthing & Antenatal courses • Traumatic Birth Recovery – 3 Step Rewind Therapy • Birth Reflection Sessions • Breastfeeding support as a Breastfeeding Counsellor with ABM
Doula Services Offered
- Birth Doula (accredited)
- Postnatal Doula (accredited)
- Breastfeeding counsellor with ABM
Location and availability info
Bristol and surrounding areas. Happy to travel up to 1.5 hour’s drive outside of Bristol (please contact me to discuss).
- Hypnobirthing & Antenatal courses
- Traumatic Birth Recovery – 3 Step Rewind Therapy
- Birth Reflection Sessions
- Breastfeeding support as a Breastfeeding Counsellor with ABM
Hello lovely parent-to-be/new-parent!
What an exciting time you find yourself in right now; either preparing to welcome your new bundle of joy or finding your feet on the other side! Congratulations!
I’m Ellie, a fully accredited birth and postnatal doula.
I’m also a hypnobirthing and antenatal teacher, a birth trauma practitioner specialising in three step rewind therapy and a breastfeeding counsellor.
I live in Bristol with my husband Joe, daughter Poppy (7) and son Finn (4).
I came to birth work following my own birth experiences which were incredibly empowering experiences. This sparked a passion to help others to achieve their own positive experiences, whatever that looks like for them.
As a doula and a birth educator, I am passionate about supporting you to take control of your birth and parenting choices by providing you with all of the information you need to confidently make your own decisions. I provide a safe source of support for you to voice your wishes and concerns and my only goal is to equip you with the support, tools, knowledge and care to have a hugely positive and fulfilling birth and postnatal experience – placing you at the centre of your achievements!
I have seen how instrumental our birth experiences are to our transition into parenthood. A positive birth experience is instrumental to the emergence of capable and empowered mothers and parents raising happy and confident children.
“the way women become mothers profoundly affects the way their children awaken to this world”
I also believe that if you have experienced a less-than positive experience previously, it doesn’t have to be this way going forwards. I can work with you to understand how your experience has impacted you, to find resolution and to move forward to a brighter birth or parenthood journey.
My role as your doula is to help you prepare for the birth and postnatal period that you want, whilst navigating all of the “what-if’s” and being mindful of the fact that there is no “one size fits all”. Every mother, parent and birthing person approaches their birth and postpartum preparation in a unique and personal way, and I am supportive of all birthing and parenting choices.
My goal is to provide safe and inclusive support to all birthing people and parents (I offer reduced rates for single parents). I offer differing birth and postnatal packages which can be tailored to suit your needs.
I recognise that being invited to share your birth experience with you, or to assist you in the wonderful new world of parenthood, is a huge honour and I treat every invitation as such.
It is important that you feel that you have found the right person to join you on your journey and I therefore offer an initial, no-commitment, free consultation to give us the opportunity to have a chat and discover whether we are a good fit for each other.
Please get in touch with me to arrange your call. I’d love to chat with you!
Warmest wishes and doula love, Ellie x
- Doula UK Introductory Workshop and Mentorship
- Birth Bliss Academy Birth and Postnatal Doula training – Kicki Hansard
- KGHypnobirthign & antenatal teacher training – Katharine Graves
- Birth Trauma Practitioner, 3 Step Rewind Therapy – Alexandra Heath, College of Perinatal Emotional Health
- Breastfeeding Counsellor training – Association of Breastfeeding Mothers
- LGBTQ+ Competency in Birth and Beyond – AJ Silver, The Queer Birth Club
- Biomechanics for Birth – Molly O’Brien
- Baby Loss – Beyond Bea Charity
- Essential Oils for Labour & Birth – Red Tent Doulas
- Closing of the Bones Ceremonies – Red Tent Doulas