Postnatal (Recognised since May 2023)
Lives in: Sidcup DA14
Local info and availability:
Sidcup, Bexleyheath, Dartford, East Malling, West Malling, Sevenoaks, Keston, Bromley, Orpington, Chislehurst, Woolwich, Eltham, Kidbrooke, Blackheath, Greenwich, Lewisham
Those first few weeks with a newborn are a very special time and it’s an opportunity for you to heal and also to bond as a family. As a postnatal doula it’s my role to nurture and support you and your family during this special time. All of my 3 postnatal experiences were completely different from each other but taught me that a newborn has a huge impact on a family each time. Preparation and support both antenatally and postnatally can be extremely beneficial for a positive postnatal experience during that 4th trimester. I offer practical, emotional, physical and informational support in those early weeks that could include:
- Support with feeding, in whichever way you choose.
- Debriefing the birth – having someone around to give you space to debrief and talk about your experience can be very beneficial.
- Practically I can grab some shopping, hold baby whilst you shower or eat, prepare you a meal or snack, come along with you to appointments.
- Informationally I am well connected with local services and support networks and can guide you in the right direction if needed.I have up to date resources on anything baby related e.g.: feeding, sleeping.
- I also offer a postnatal planning service where you can plan what you would like your 4th trimester to look like.
- I also offer overnight support where I can enable you to catch up on some much needed sleep.
I live in Sidcup with my husband and 3 children and am well connected in the area to be able to signpost you to related services in and around Kent and SE London. I love eating good food and being with family and friends. I love to laugh and socialise but also enjoy a good Netflix binge on the sofa next to my husband (with snacks!). Please visit my website or give me a call to discuss my services and packages, free of charge.
November 2021 – Younique Postnatal Doula Preparation Course
January 2022 – Daisy First Aid – Paediatric First Aid January 2022 – Food Hygiene – level 2
February 2022 – Younique Postnatal Intuitive Breast and Body Feeding Course
February 2022 – Younique Postnatal Planning Workshop
May 2022 – Lullaby Trust SIDS and Safer Sleep for Babies training DBS checked
July 2022 – The Sling Consultancy – Babywearing in your role as a doula
November 2022 – Younique Postnatal Twins and More Workshop
November 2022 – Younique Postnatal Understanding Newborns Workshop
July 2023 – Younique Postnatal – Understanding Reflux Workshop
Sept 2023 – NCT Birth Doula (University of Worcester)
Copies of certificates available on request
Instagram – emmadoulauk
Facebook – emmadoulauk