Postnatal (Recognised since May 2018)
Lives in: Reading RG2
Local info and availability:
Berkshire, South Oxfordshire, parts of Guilford and Slough, Hemel Hampstead High Wycombe area.
Languages spoken other than English:
Postnatal Doula Infant Feeding Specialist
Hi, I’m Erin and I love what I do! I’m a Postnatal Doula and Infant Feeding Specialist. Motherhood is a huge adjustment, and I aim to help you ease into it, whether or not this is your first. Although I’ve helped thousands of new mothers reach their personal breastfeeding goals, I understand if your family decides that alternative feeding works best for you. Supporting different parenting styles is important in enabling and empowering parents to enjoy this very fleeting and precious time in your lives.
Postnatal Doula sessions provide ‘wrap-around’ care to new parents. There are practical matters such as general tidy-ups and simple meals, which can make life with a newborn so much easier! A typical session lasts three to four hours and can be as frequent and as on-going as your family needs. There would be ample time for mum and baby to bond, for you to get plenty of rest and to recover from the birth, and to enjoy healthy home-made meals. Listening and empathy is part of the emotional support side, and can help prevent postnatal depression.
In addition to doula sessions, also on offer:
Breastfeeding Support Care Packages
- One home visit lasting a minimum of one hour
- Observing a typical feed to assess positioning and attachment
- Listening to all things baby and feeding related to put together a picture of where feeding improvements can be made
- Crucial signposting where needed and encouragement to carry on, focusing on the positives
- Helping both parents to understand normal newborn behaviour and dispelling any concepts or myths
- All the Bronze Package items plus an extra home visit (two hours in total)
- Two weeks of vital text and phone support to provide continual encouragement and crucial information relevant to mum’s personal needs
- All the Bronze Package items plus and additional home visit (three hours total)
- Six weeks of on-going message and phone support, including informative videos and articles relating to mum and dad’s parenting style
- Providing information about local mums clubs and other social activities in the area, helping mum to connect with her peers
Mummy Minder Doula Sessions or Mummy Minder Breastfeeding Support Care Packages make a great gift. I have been gifted several times, and this is so much better than another set of clothes for the pile! New mums, especially those without the support of family close by, would receive crucial help in the postnatal period, which is such a special, sweet and fleeting time. I can use my training and experience to help with twins, a premature baby, or an infant with any feeding issue.