Postnatal (Recognised since July 2015)
Lives in: Knaphill GU21
Local info and availability:
I am happy to travel up to 10-15 miles from my home in Guildford. A further distance may be considered on an individual basis.
Baby Wearing Peer Supporter- I ran Guildford Sling Library from 2015-2018. 6 years previously working as a midwife www.nurturingmotherhood.co.uk
My name is Janine Ebling and I am mummy to our two school age children. I have 6 years previous experience working as a midwife locally in Guildford, Surrey. I love helping people and take a lot of satisfaction in making a positive difference to the experiences of a new family!
My work as a postnatal doula fulfils my passion for supporting new mothers and babies, and draws on my many and varied experiences as a midwife and mother. I am therefore able to offer informed and sensitive care to your family in a unique manner.
I am reliable, punctual, conscientious and quiet natured, and so will offer a gentle but supportive presence in your home without being overbearing.
I will walk through those early days with you, supporting you and enabling you to become the best mother you can be, getting your family off to a great start!
I offer flexible postnatal help to suit your family’s needs. I work in Guildford and Woking and the surrounding area of Surrey.
I will help you with whatever you feel will be most beneficial, and aim to leave you rested and confident. Please watch my short video explaining what postnatal support typically looks like.
Some typical areas I might be able to help you in are:
– Practical baby care– helping you learn how to bath your baby / change a nappy / supporting you with feeding and referral to expert help if needed / caring for baby while you rest / sharing baby calming techniques
– Providing you an opportunity to debrief following the birth
– Offering support and reassurance to your partner as he learns his new role
– Caring for siblings to allow you time to get to know your new baby / take a rest or shower etc
– Running errands e.g. shopping trips or accompanying you to appointments if desired
– Light housework– cleaning, tidying, laundry, dishes, ironing, hoovering etc
– Cooking– preparing nutritious snacks, meals and extra for the freezer too!
– Providing information about local support groups, babywearing advice, helping you find relevant resources to make informed choices
I prefer to be able to meet you antenatally to get to know you a little and discuss a plan of care.
However, I may also be able to offer ’emergency’ care, subject to my availability, to families who feel they need immediate additional support with their newborn, whatever the circumstances.
I also offer gift vouchers which make a wonderful present for anyone going on maternity leave! The value of these vouchers can be for any multiple of my hourly rate, and need to be redeemed within 6 months of issue.
Some snippets of testimonials–
“Janine just rolls up her sleeves and gets on with it from the minute she walks in the door…she has completely surpassed all our expectations and wishes”
“her reassurance and advice was invaluable in the early days”
“she encouraged me, helped me with practical tasks and showed me how to be a mum and enjoy it”
“You could always tell the days she had been- I’d eaten proper meals during the day, I’d had a nap, the washing was done and neatly folded, the kitchen tidy. It meant that I was calm and rested”
“she had a very calming effect on me”
“having Janine support my wife and look after our twin boys has taken away any worry I had of leaving my wife to manage on her own”
“she has a real intuitive approach”
“I would highly recommend Janine to other families without hesitation and miss her here already!”
Please get in touch with any questions you may have, or visit my website, www.nurturingmotherhood.co.uk to see a list of my qualifications and relevant training and some more testimonials.