Postnatal (Recognised since December 2020)
Birth (Recognised since April 2020)
Lives in: SANDHURST GU47
Local info and availability:
I live in Sandhurst, Berks, and cover most of Berkshire, Surrey, Hampshire and London. I am happy to support both hospital and home births.
I am a qualified Hypnobirthing instructor and am very happy to incorporate this into antenatal sessions if required. I have completed training in aromatherapy, acupressure and massage for birth - and am trained in The 3-Step Rewind, a technique that helps expectant parents work through previous trauma ahead of the birth - and will support, and help the birth partner support, the mother using these techniques before and during labour. I also work alongside a group of incredible doulas as part of The Doula Hub to provide clients with a likeminded back-up doula in the extremely unlikely event that any of us are unable to attend a client's birth.
❤️ Firstly – CONGRATULATIONS !!! – if you’re looking for a doula then you are probably pregnant or love someone who is ❤️
Being able to help parents have the very best experience possible, before, during, and after their baby is born is magical for me. I am one of those incredibly lucky people who loves her job.
After having spent 20 years in the Corporate world, and my children able to be more independent, I was in the perfect position to reconsider my future career. Always fascinated by birth, and having had three very different births myself, I decided I wanted to become a doula so that I could support parents to have the best possible birth and be totally prepared for that special day.
One evening I was sat chatting with my girlfriends, who know me well. We were trying to figure out what I would ‘love’ to do and be good at. They talked about how practical I am, how I make people laugh, how I get on with everyone and seem to calm people, especially babies, and how I have a nurturing and comforting nature and am incredibly organised and efficient. I had always wanted to be a midwife, but it was way too late for me to go back to Uni! – so doula’ing was the job for me.
Happy to meet for a zoom coffee to see if I am be the Doula for you ……..
I am also the Co-founder of The Doula Hub – a cuddle of like minded, equally qualified, truly supportive, nurturing, professional doulas. Take a look here to find out how we support each other to support you through life’s biggest adventure https://www.thedoulahub.co.uk/
As your Birth Doula, I will get to know you and your partner and fully understand the wishes you have for the birth of your baby. We will build a strong, trusting relationship in those first meetings, ensuring you feel completely comfortable with me being your Doula at this amazing time. I am here to give you all the practical and emotional support you need. Together we will overcome any concerns you and your partner may have. I will help you navigate the millions of sources of information available, to find you evidence-based information that is right for you and your baby. We will ensure you are both fully prepared and knowledgeable about the choices you have, and ensure you are confident, to enable the birth that you want, however and wherever that may be. We will finalise your birth preferences and help you to become calm and confident about the birth of your baby. We will also prepare for any changes to your preferences that may occur so that whatever the situation you are ready for however your baby’s birth unfolds. I will be with you every step of the way from the minute you call to say you want me, until your baby and you are settled and you say you are happy for me to leave. I will be hands on if you need me, helping to keep you calm and in control, or sat quietly in the corner allowing you and your partner to enjoy this amazing time together. I will protect your space and help you have a relaxed and enjoyable birth.
Details of what’s included in my birth package;
- an initial call to get to know each other better – usually an hour or so just chatting about anything and everything.
- text/phone support from as soon as you sign the contract (before and after appointments to make sure you have all the questions/follow-up info you need, but also ad hoc when you have a question or concern you need support with).
- 2/3 x 3 hour antenatal sessions usually between 30 and 35 weeks to help you prepare for birth and iron out any concerns you have – Zoom or in person as you prefer.
- an electronic flip book of our antenatal preparation sessions. Containing all the information we discussed during your sessions, including links to video’s and evidence based information for you to review again in your own time.
- access to the Doula Hub ‘client only’ area of our website containing many videos to help you through pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period.
- help in creating your birth preferences doc (or docs if you want to have a plan B/C too).
- on-call support (24hr) from 10 days before your baby is due until baby arrives.
- in person support throughout the birth (including comfort measures and help in advocating for the birth you want).
- Support through the golden hours and help with feeding and getting you set up and comfortable.
- Postnatal visit to check in with your recovery, feeding, bonding etc and see what extra help you might need (usually day 3).
- Named back-up doula in case of emergency, so crucial during these unprecedented times!
As your Postnatal Doula, I will be there to during those vital first weeks while you decide how you want to parent your baby. I will never be judgemental or tell you what you should do, I will merely guide you as you develop your skills as a parent. I will be an emotional and physical support for you, your partner and your family. I will help you to feel relaxed and confident about caring for your baby. I will help in such a way that you will have more time to spend with your new baby and each other, and other children if you have them. I will do whatever I can to make your life easier. It’s different in every house and for every couple. If things go slightly off plan, I will be there to help you navigate a new direction. If you are struggling with sleep, breastfeeding or any of the other challenges a new baby can bring, I will be there to help you find your strength. You may wish to rest or spend time with other children while I care for the baby. Be assured I will always follow your wishes. My aim is to be as flexible as possible so that you will feel rested, relaxed and more able to enjoy the joy a new baby brings to your lives. For more details please follow this link.
My KG Hypnobirthing antenatal classes will quickly give you confidence in your body’s capabilities. Easy to implement, the exercises are based on logical and scientific understanding of how birth, our bodies and minds work together…it just makes sense.
Like many parents, you probably want to find a comprehensive antenatal course that can provide you with relevant, evidence based, information, as well as give you tools and techniques to help you birth your baby in the best possible way. Whether that be a physiological birth at home or a medically supported birth in Hospital.
Please go to my website for testimonials and reviews
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ on Google from all my previous clients