Birth (Recognised since April 2023)
Lives in: London N1 8
Local info and availability:
Central London, North London, East London, South London, West London.
IBCLC Lactation Consultant, Hypnobirthing, Gentle Sleep Consultant, Baby Massage
Hello and Congratulations! My name is Rebecca Verlander and I am an experienced Doula from London. I have 5 wonderful children and the births that I experienced with them is what ultimately led me to becoming a Doula.
I aim to advocate for, empower and educate families to have the best birth experience possible for them. It doesn’t matter to me what sort of birth you’re planning; whether it’s a planned Caesarean birth or a completely natural/holistic birth. What matters to me the most, is how you feel about it afterwards.
Over my years working with families. I have unfortunately come across lots of birth trauma. This tends to revolve around decisions being made during the birth which led to the family feeling out of control and like they didn’t have a voice.
As your Doula, I advocate for you and boost your confidence about making decisions that are right for you and your baby.
Right from the start, I offer absolutely unwavering support. From the moment you book me, you have access to me completely, you can message me with questions or concerns or get a reminder that you are absolutely amazing!
Sadly, the UK maternity system is so overstretched and underfunded that you often see different Midwives or specialists each time and have to explain your story again and again.
Having a constant companion there from the start can really help you feel supported and cared for. I will know your story, your birth preferences, and how you want things to go. I will ensure that you feel respected and listened to.
With me as your Doula, you can be confident that you’ll have a reliable companion by your side throughout your journey. The consistent care and support I offer enable the development of a deep connection, filling you a sense of reassurance and confidence.
- Continuous message support from booking
- 2 personalised antenatal birth preparation sessions in your home (2-3 hours each)
- on call 24/7 from 10 days before due date until birth happens
- use of my professional birth pool, TENS machine & other resources
- continuous phone support in early labour
- in person support during active labour, the birth and up to 2 hours post birth
- postnatal visit with IBCLC feeding support & debrief
- message support for as long as needed
I understand that having extra teaching sessions prior to giving birth can improve your confidence. The Enhanced Package will leave you feeling equipped with numerous practical skills and helpful tools to ensure a positive birthing experience.
- Everything from the Standard Package above, as well as:
- 1-2-1 Infant Feeding Preparation Session. Giving you all the information you need to get feeding off to the best start
- Intensive Hypnobirthing course (3 hours)
- Your own Hypnobirthing workbook plus affirmation cards
- MP3s birth scripts for daily use
- Hypnobirthing planning into your birth preferences (whatever type of birth that is!)
- Support with Hypnobirthing techniques during labour and birth.
The Complete Package truly offers comprehensive support. I will be with you every step of the way with all the support you need. This package has a 20% discount on the itemised cost of the services provided.
- Everything from other Packages, as well as:
- Unlimited video call check ins, to discuss any worries or concerns
- Attendance at up to 3 hospital appointments, to support, advocate and empower you
- 2 additional postnatal visits to enable you settle into parenthood. This can include a Lactation Consultation, practical help and emotional help.
- Unlimited ongoing support with feeding, as your Lactation Consultant, including feeding plans
- Support with sleep as your Sleep Consultant, including sleep plan
Please feel free to book a no obligation birth chat, where we can discuss all the support I can give you and you have a chance to ask any questions.
Wishing you a wonderful birth!