Postnatal (Recognised since September 2023)
Lives in: MItcham CR4
Local info and availability:
South London - SW18, SW19, SW17, SW16, SW20. Balham, Tooting, Kingston, Richmond, Putney, Streatham, Sutton, Wallington, Croydon. Births: I cover both home and all Hospital births. I look forward to supporting you through your pregnancy, at your birth, and in the early days weeks and months after birth. Postnatal: Support is really key in the early weeks and months. I believe "Mothering the Mother" in what ever support she and the baby needs is what I aim to deliver. Lets discuss your needs.
* Biomechanics for Birth with Optimal Birth. * Aromatherapy for Birth * Rebozo for birth support * Safe Sleep - (a) Normal Infant Sleep Advanced, (b) SIDS and Sleep Safety - Advanced - (BASIS) * Baby Massage (IAIMs).
I believe you are unique, and your birth should be just as unique. I aim to put you at the heart of the service I offer. By providing information, support, compassion and care for you. During pregnancy, the birth, and then postnatally when you have brought baby home.
I can attend Antenatal appointments with you if you want, I can help you navigate the Health Care system, and advocate for you, if you need me to. I can help you to prepare body and mind for the birth and then also provide support in the early days after you and baby go home.
I have a heart for helping people, and am passionate about helping, support pregnant women prepare for birth, and then afterwards during the transition to becoming mums, in those early sleep deprived months when you have brought baby home, as your postnatal doula.
Having experienced three different births, and then the postnatal periods after each one, I learnt so much from each one.
Planning, preparation and support are key, during this life changing, and at times challenging phase in life.
This is the gap, our stressed, traumatised, overworked Midwives, and Health Care Professional simply don’t have the time to give, despite their best intentions, in a broken NHS system.
As a Birth, and Postnatal Doula, I am uniquely placed to be there 100% for you. Call me to arrange a no-cost initial discussion to discuss what you may need.
How I will Support You As your Birth Doula:
- Meeting with you, three times. Two times between weeks 32 to 37 during pregnancy, then once more during 1st few weeks after birth. I will support you during pregnancy, early labour and all the way through the birth. Apart from the above meetings, I am also available by text, and telephone, and Zoom.
- I will be on call 24/7 for 10 days before your estimated due date and until your baby is born.
- Stay with you throughout your labour and birth and for a few hours after to ensure you and your family are comfortable and settled.
- Meeting during the first six weeks after the birth to reflect on your birth experience, answer any questions you may have and signpost you to additional services if required.
- If you are planning a home birth will come to your home and support, you throughout.
- I can also provide Postnatal care for you see my services below.
- I offer Biomechanics for Birth with Optimal Birth support.
- Aromatherapy and Massage and Acupressure for Birth
- Rebozo for birth support
I cover all of South West London – Balham, Tooting, Kingston, Streatham, Chrystal Palace, Sutton, Wallington.
All Hospitals in SW postcodes of southwest London – SW2, SW4, SW12, SW15, SW16, SW17, SW18, SW19, SW20, KT2, SM4, SM5, CR4, CR7 .
As Your Postnatal Doula:
It is my goal to support your transition into parenthood in the home after the birth of your baby / babies. I aim to help you to adjust to the many changes, and new challenges you may encounter with your new-born.
It is my hope that with postnatal support these early challenges will feel less overwhelming, your confidence in yourself and your new role as parents will bloom.
Your enjoyment of this precious time will increase, and your new family can bond and thrive together.
I offer postnatal doula care and support for you and your new-born, as well as your partner/family. I have a current DBS and have public liability insurance.
My support services may include the following:
- Birth debriefing
- Emotional wellbeing support
- Feeding support
- Basic new-born care – bathing, settling, etc.
- Care for your baby so you have some time to tend to your own needs – having a sleep, a peaceful shower/bath, take a walk, etc.
- Light home duties – laundry, dishes, tidying, preparing your lunch, cooking family meals, etc.
- Running errands – grocery shopping, etc.
- Sibling support
- Phone/email support between visits where needed.
- Access to my resource library of books.
- Overnight support to help you with feeding, settling, and getting through the night. I am unable to do this, but will help to find a doula buddy who can support you at night.
- Referrals and links to other services/practitioners for you and your baby where appropriate or as requested.
Postnatal Doula Boundaries and Limitations:
- I will support you while your confidence builds.
- I do not take over your role or the care of your child, but rather support you to grow in your own awareness of your baby’s cues and behavioural states and to trust your own instincts when responding to your baby’s needs.
- I am not a medical practitioner, maternal child health nurse or lactation consultant, and as such am not able to carry out any medical procedures or assessments or make any decisions for you or on your family’s behalf in this regard. I can sign post you to local services and other professionals who can provide this support.
- University of Worcester Trained Antenatal Birth Doula.
- National Childbirth Trust (NCT) licensed Doula, as well as Doula UK member
- Postnatal Doula – trained at Younique, accredited with Doula UK.
- Biomechanics For Birth – Foundation Course – Optimal Birth
- IAIM’s trained Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI).
- BASIS Safe Sleep Course – (a) Normal Infant Sleep Advanced, (b) SIDS and Sleep Safety – Advanced – Feb 2023.
- Fully DBS Checked.
- Liability Insurance
Thank you so much for such a calming experience. I felt informed, supported and prepared. Rehana displayed compassion, empathy, and understanding throughout. She is incredibly knowledgeable and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking to get a doula. Beyond grateful for all your help ❤️ – Rena, New mum to Aidean
“Rehana was an absolute Godsend. I felt supported by her during both my pregnancy and during my birth – emotionally and physically (showed me all the methods of surviving the early labour stage). Rehana talked me through ways in which to reduce pain. She made sure to tailor her services in order to provide the best support for my needs. I would recommend her to anyone.” – – New Mum to baby boy, Surrey – SAM
“Rehana was sensitive to my needs, and supported me every step of the way. We had a difficult time giving birth to our oldest child and were apprehensive about things second time round. Rehana reassured me and gave me confidence to move past that experience. Rehana was warm, approachable and helpful throughout the whole process. I feel lucky to have had her support on this journey. I can’t recommend her highly enough! “ – 2nd time Mum – Joanne Mum to Oscar
Rehana is empathetic, nurturing and compassionate – she brought a lovely energy to our home and supported me really well in the postnatal period. Definitely recommend! – Sophie – 1st Time Mum To Darcy
Rehana was a great help to me postpartum, providing support around the home so I could focus on bonding with my new baby. She also listened to any concerns I had and offered informed opinions, advice and reassurance. Overall I felt well looked after and supported, which made my postpartum experience much more enjoyable. I would happily recommend her services. Mariko – 2nd Time Mum To Leo