Birth (Recognised since December 2020)
Lives in: London N7 0
Local info and availability:
For 20+ years I've loved supporting families throughout London. I split my time, depending where my doula clients live, between SW London and N7 (Islington), as well as supporting clients more widely in UK/Europe in person (Sweden/Norway/Spain), and globally via zoom.
Languages spoken other than English:
Hypnobirthing, BabyCalm (Gentle 4th Trimester). Birth Trauma support (including Rewind Technique), Clinical Hypnotherapy to improve sleep, reduce stress, anxiety, depression
Every Woman & Birthing Person Needs a Doula – Now More Than Ever
– I can help you have an Amazing Birth during these challenging times – wherever and however you birth your baby 🙂
Call or message me now 07806 994636 /email@example.com
- If you plan a home birth, I’ll be delighted to support you…evidence based
- In a pool in a birth centre .. Gestational diabetes, higher bmi, group b strep – you can birth in a pool – evidence based
- If you have a medical condition or special circumstances which may require more monitoring, I’ll help you navigate your way to a birth that is right for you.
- If you want support for a gentle c section or the best possible induction, a VBAC in pool, or a normal TWINs birth …
- I can help you find the team to support you
- Normal breech birth in a birth centre (that was me!) did you know that Kingston specialist and St Thomas’s have a ‘Breech Squad’
Birth Doula Plan
- Birth physiology – your body and baby already know how to do this !
- How to support your body and baby to birth smoothly
- Effective breathing techniques – breathing your baby down
- Deep relaxation (guided visualisations/self hypnosis/meditations) for a positive birth
- Create confident, positive, informed birth plans – covering all your options
- Practical techniques for your husband/partner
- How to get the birth you plan – advocacy and assertiveness – essential tips & support
- How to enjoy it !
- I hear “it was amazing” all the time!
Post Natal Doula Support : Includes: protecting the space of your new family, attending to mother and baby’s needs, practical baby care, allowing confidence to grow in your abilities without taking over, infant feeding support, signposting to useful resources, information and support groups, listening to any questions or concerns you may have, debriefing your birth experience, supporting other members of the family, shopping/running errands, making light meals, snacks and treats, School/nursery runs, Playing games and having fun, Caring for pets
My qualifications and experience
- Midwifery Unit Standards Network – Founding Advisory Team – with Dr Lucia Rocca
- NICE Birthplace Action Team – Advisory group- City Uni Centre Maternal Health Research
- Steering Group NIHR research study – Induction of Labour methods – with Dr Amar Bhide
- Chelsea & Westminster Induction of Labour Forum – Improving info and experience for parents
- Chair St George’s Maternity Voices Partnership – improving services at St George’s
- Board SWLondon Local Maternity System (‘Transformation’ Board) – improving services at 5 London hospitals
- Birthrights Training (St George’s) www.birthrights.org
- Co- applicant on feasibility study/research into methods of induction (St George’s)
- I was thrilled to have been shortlisted for St George’s Achievement Award 2018 (250 nominations) for my ‘unerring support of parents and midwives’ 🙂
I’ll be delighted to support you through this amazing experience, so please get in touch and we can discuss various options. Rosie x 07806 994636