Postnatal (Recognised since July 2009)
Birth (Recognised since July 2009)
Lives in: London SW19
Local info and availability:
I am a very experienced doula and Lactation Consultant covering South west London and North Surrey. I am available to support both hospital and home births. The hospitals that I generally cover are St. Thomas', Chelsea & Westminster, St. Georges, Kingston and St. Helier. I look forward to hearing from you :o)
Lactation Consultant, Twins, Hypnobirthing, Night work www.siobhanpearce.com www.breastfeedinglondon.co.uk
I am originally from a beautiful little seaside town called Ballito in Natal, South Africa. I have been in the UK for many years and live in SW London with my family.
Being a doula is not a ‘job’ for me. It is an honour and passion to be able to support mothers-to-be/new mothers and their partners in their roles as parents!
All women deserve as much emotional and practical support as possible during this life changing event and by having me with you, I can help guide you through each part, making informed decisions and empowering you each step of the way, making the transition to parenthood as smooth as possible.
My priority is to support you and your partner before, during and after your birth to ensure that it is as positive an experience as possible.
I spend time with you antenatally, getting to know you and your family and as your constant contact and companion during your labour and birth, I will do my utmost to keep you calm, reduce any anxiety you may have by ensuring you feel cared for emotionally and physically without feeling observed or judged when at your most vulnerable.
I believe every woman deserves the right to have the best birth experience she can, whether it be an elective C-section, homebirth, medicalised or natural birth, and I will be there to help you achieve this.
As well as being a birth and postnatal Doula, I am also a Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and will be available to give you as much support with breastfeeding as you require.
I have attended numerous births and supported many families with post natal support to-date (1,000+). The births have been a mixture of homebirths and hospital births, which include c-sections, twin births, VBAC, epidurals, hypnobirths, medicalised, inductions, waterbirths etc.
Available for postnatal night time support.
I offer the following services as a birth doula:
- An initial, no obligation, free meeting to get to know each other and talk about my services and your expectations
- Once you’ve booked me, you can call, text, email as much as required throughout your pregnancy and postnatally
- Two antenatal sessions and if I am available, I would be happy to attend any hospital consultations with you, should the need arise
- On call from 38 weeks until the birth of your baby
- Support throughout labour, birth and first feed
- Two postnatal visits to help with breastfeeding, debriefing your birth and settling you and your baby in to life as a family. (Should you require further postnatal visits, this can be discussed and sorted out separately)
- As much contact postnatally as you require
PLEASE DO VISIT MY WEBSITE: www.siobhanpearce.com for more information about me and my services.
MY BREASTFEEDING WEBSITE IS: www.breastfeedinglondon.co.uk
I look forward to hearing from you!