This ‘intro day’ is for you:
if you have ever thought about becoming a doula or birth companion but are not sure if it is really for you or how to go about it
if you are already involved informally in supporting parents during their labours, birth and the postnatal period, you may be thinking about developing your skills and work prospects and gaining the support of other women working in this field
if you have looked at various doula preparation/training courses on offer and are not sure which one would be for you.
The aims of this Introductory Workshop day are to:
- provide insight into the world/work of the doula/birth companion and the postnatal doula
- explore some of the personal qualities needed to be doula
- increase awareness of some of the relationships involved
- provide safe space to begin the debriefing of personal birth and postnatal experiences
- help signpost routes for further training and personal development.
At the end of the workshop you may also find that being a doula wouldn’t work out for you, or at least not at the moment.
All workshops run from 10am to 4pm (unless otherwise indicated) and typically have between 8-14 people attending. The cost to attend is £65 per person.
We add dates regularly.
You can buy a Voucher to Attend one of these workshops, for someone you know who would like to attend, via this link. Once you’ve done that, just drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange for a personalised gift certificate to be emailed to you.
Saturday 28th April 2018: BOOK HERE
- Elizabeth Fry Room, Glasgow Quaker Meeting House, 38 Elmbank Crescent, Glasgow, G2 4PS facilitated by Tricia Murray
Saturday 16th June 2018: FULLY BOOKED
- The Blue Room, The Study Society, Colet House, 151 Talgarth Road, London, W14 9DA facilitated by Alison Edwards
Saturday 16th June 2018: BOOK HERE
- George Fox Room, The Quaker Meeting House in Liverpool, 22 School Lane, Liverpool L1 3BT facilitated by Nikki Mather
Saturday 23rd June 2018: BOOK HERE
- Quaker Meeting House, 7 Victoria Terrace, Edinburgh EH1 2JL facilitated by Tricia Murray
Saturday 4th August 2018: BOOK HERE
- Quaker Meeting House, 1a Bourne Street, Wilmslow SK9 5HD facilitated by Nikki Mather
If you would like to receive an email to be offered any cancelled places on fully booked workshops, please email email@example.com
If you go on to become a doula and join Doula UK – having taken this workshop – you may claim a £10 reduction on your first year’s membership fee.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Profits from the workshop help support the Doula UK Doula Access Fund.
‘I now can’t waited to get started on my journey.’
‘I really enjoyed the day and found it inspiring and enjoyed meeting a like minded group of women.’
‘A thorough understanding of what a doula does and what is involved in becoming a doula.’
‘I loved the day; great learning experience, it helped me realise that this is not the right time for me to take this step.’