Postnatal (Recognised since October 2020)
Birth (Recognised since May 2017)
Lives in: Brighton BN2
Local info and availability:
East Sussex, parts of West Sussex and surrey if within an hour travelling distance.
Shamanic Practitioner. Sacred Drumming Practitioner and Tutor. Nature Based Celebrant for baby naming ceremonies, handfasting ceremonies, and facilitator of ceremony and rites of passage for women.
Reading below you will find out a little of what I offer, how I work, a little about me, and at the very bottom some of the related CPD and training’s I have undertaken.
I am very passionate about supporting parents through the transition to parenthood feeling as supported and empowered as possible.
I feel empowering the birthing parent to completely trust their bodies, their spirit and mind, is key to a positive birth, as well as creating an environment both parents are comfortable in.
I am also a believer that knowledge ‘can be’ power. I feel that very often more you learn about your birthing options during your pregnancy, the more empowered you are likely to feel if options need to arise. However, that said, I also feel that for some people very little knowledge and just trusting the process works too. Your body will give birth to your baby, you were designed perfectly for birth.
Before I had my first baby, a lovely wise man and friend once said to me:
‘Your body knows what it is doing, trust the process, your body was built for birth‘.
As your doula I will support your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum journey, in the best way that works for you, with an open heart, without judgement.
I can help you in research, birth preparation, creating a birth plan. I will do my best to support you, your partner, and midwives during labour to help you have a positive birth experience that I hope you will you look back on and feel empowered by!
I will also provide important postnatal nurture and support. It can be a simple listening ear, and a birth debrief, support with breast feeding, a little help around the home.
I understand that it can be hard to plan your postnatal time so I am flexible and happy to go with how you feel. I can offer support for six weeks and beyond postpartum with my birth packages.
I offer ceremonies too:
I offer postpartum healing rituals. These are ceremonies I have been taught by Curandera and Ethnobotanist Dr Rocio Alarcon who I regularly update my training with. I also offer Parent Blessing Ceremonies.
Other interests I can bring;
I have interests in meditation, for pregnancy, herbalism and homeopathy. I have trained as a Shamanic Practitioner for pregnancy and birth. I am also passionate about reclaiming lost traditions, ceremonies, to support your spirituality. I have learned basics in astrology to work with the moon for birth preparation. All of which i can guide you in. I wrote a book ‘Pregnancy By The Moon’ https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pregnancy-Moon-Eva-Bay-Greenslade/dp/B08TQV7M48
All that I offer will depend on what you want and need, and can change as your journey evolves. I can provide simple support or more shamanic support.
I will support you in any birth of your choice, I have supported over 40 births to date as a doula, and many more families through pregnancy, birth , postnatal as shamanic practitioner.
I also offer shared support options with other doula’s to give you a beautiful nurturing support package between us…these are lovely for us and you.
I have also gently supported baby loss and created ceremonies for parents following loss.
Being a doula for me is an absolute honour, my skills ever evolving with each new experience. I am really passionate about my work, I feel like I have found my life’s work.
I see birth as a spiritual experience as much as a physical experience. I really feel pregnancy and birth is one of the most important rites of passage life offers and will do my best as your doula to support you in honouring your journey to becoming parents.
If you are interested in meeting up or have any question’s I will look forward to meeting you.
A Little Of My Story
I am a mum of four, three girls and a boy. I was a teenage mum with my first and classed as an ‘older’ mum with my youngest, I had my first baby in hospital and three of my babies at home. Ever since I had my first baby I knew I wanted to work with pregnant mum’s, the passion grew with each of my children’s birth’s, as I learned more about child birth. I knew I definitely wanted to be a Doula after attending my sisters first home birth, it was the most amazing experience to be a part of.
I often felt a calling to be a midwife but life obstacles got in the way of training. I booked on midwifery for 2016 but felt it would be too much in the end with my growing family, the team suggested I become a doula to gain more birth experience. My family booked me on a Doula training course for Christmas.
I trained initially with Conscious Birthing and registered with Doula UK in 2016, I knew immediately I had found my niche in life.
I also trained as a Breastfeeding / Feeding Peer Supporter with Sussex Community NHS Trust in 2008, volunteering for two years in a parent and baby play group supporting families around feeding. I re-took the training in 2014 and volunteered on the postnatal ward for a year supporting new parents.
I breast fed my babies long term so understand fully the stresses, strains and loveliness breast feeding brings.
CPD days and training ( I love learning!)
- Breast Feeding Peer Support Training, with Sussex Community NHS Trust, 2009, retaken in 2014.
- Phytotherapy, a discovery of Herbal Medicine, year long foundation- 2004
- Rebozo a day workshop- May 2016
- Closing The Bones, day workshop = Developing Doulas, June 2016
- Water Birth Study Day – with Dianne Garland, January 2017 – updated May 2020.
- Time to heal, supporting women after assisted conception, NHS, September 2016
- Infant Feeding with Maureen Michen, June 2016
- Birth Story Healing and EFT with Rachel Weber , May 2016
- Reframing Birth Midwifery Conference, July 2017
- Spinning Babies with Jennifer Walker , July 2017
- Microbirth, September 2017
- NLP for Birth Professionals with Mark Harris, November 2017
- Aromatherapy For BSUH Maternity Services, for Midwives, Student Midwives and Doulas, March 2018
- Sacred Drumming Practitioner Training (self adapted for Pregnancy and Birth), two year training, with Steven Ash and Renata Ash, based on teaching from Wallace Black Elk. 2017 – 2018
- Sacred Drumming Practitioner Teacher Training 2018 – Ongoing.
- Red Tent Advanced Doula training, April 2018 (a lovely doula community!)
- Rocio’s Postpartum Massage / Hipping with Dr Rocio Alcaron PHD, Curandera and Ethnobotanist from Ecuador. Nov 2018. May 2019, Feb 2020, October 2020. October 2021.
- Spirituality in the Childbearing Year, with Nicola Goodall, Red Tent Doulas. Dec 2018.
- Order of Bard, Ovate and Druid Celebrant Training – 2018/2019.
- Sound Healing Group Work Training 2018/2019
- Workshop on Ceremony for Women (including aspects of Cerada ) with Angelina Martinez, Indigenous Midwife from Mexico. May 2019
- Two day Workshop with the beautiful Ramiro Ramirez, Columbian Midwife, in Brighton, September 2019, run by Lush Tums.
- Workshop in the Andes Mountains in Ecuador ‘ Healing with Hummingsbirds’ and looking at master plants, healing for women, healing the land, with Wise woman Curandera and Ethobotanist Rocio Alarcon. Feb 2020.
- Microbirth Online course – update March 2020
- First Aid update – Feb 2020
- The Art of Birth – Online Year Long Course with Mexican midwife Naoli Vinaver 2020 – ongoing.
- I became a Doula UK mentor in Dec 2019. I love it! I am learning even more through my mentees.
- Workshop Racism via Doula UK. September 2021.