Steps for Doula UK Course Approval 2021
1. The Doula UK core curriculum and partnership agreement
- Please read and check that your course covers the Doula UK Core Curriculum 2021.
- Please read the template Partnership Agreement between Doula UK 2021 to check terms and conditions (you will not be required to sign this until after you have been approved)
2. Complete the application online
- Complete the Application for Doula UK Course Approval
- Pay the non refundable deposit of £30 for Course Approval Application Fee
3. Attach supporting documentation to the application form including:
- Course leader biog /CV detailing relevant experience
- Certification of course leader training in diversity and inclusivity. This must include training and certification in the following from recognised providers:
- Gender, sexuality & relationship diversity
- Anti-racism and cultural competency
- Disability awareness
- A sample diploma or certificate which would be awarded to graduates of your doula training.
4. A member of the Education Team will contact you
- To confirm receipt of application and advise whether your course is suitable for Doula UK to approve.
5. If successful, you can book an assessment of your course with a Doula UK approved assessor.
- You can find an approved assessor from our list, contact another approved course provider to ask if they would be interested in peer reviewing assessing, or suggest your own assessor provided they meet our approved course assessor criteria and list.
- Your approved assessor will submit the Doula UK Course Approval Assessment Report directly to us although it is recommended it is, at least in part shared with you to allow for self reflection and evaluation.
- We will contact you to let you know this has been received and to advise of a date (6 – 8 weeks) of when you can expect a decision.
- You may be contacted during this time to request further information or clarification
6. Decision (three possible outcomes)
- Your course will be approved and a Partnership Agreement will be issued.
- You will be advised that your application has been declined but with a recommendation to resubmit once advised changes are made.
- Your course has been declined as it is not suitable.
Fee Structure for 2021
Non refundable deposit of (£30) for new applications.
Doula UK Course Provider subscription £30 a month. The fee is under yearly review.
If your organisation is diverse led (by which we mean at least 51% of your course leaders are from a Black, Asian or other marginalised ethnicity community, are disabled or are LGBTQ+) you can apply for a bursary from Doula UK to fund the first two years of monthly payments while you establish your business. We are also able to offer two grants to cover the cost of the Approved Assessor fee to two applicants per year.
If you are not already a member you will also need to join Doula UK. Membership subscription is £8 a month. We do offer a reduction if you are in receipt of certain benefits.
You will also need to budget for an external Approved Assessor fee. We do not set fees and this will be up to individuals themselves.
Please contact Sara Benetti email@example.com if you have any questions. Thank you.