Data Protection Officer
Following the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation in May 2018, we urgently need to recruit a Data Protection Officer.
A Data Protection Officer (DPO) is simply a person in charge of ensuring an organisation’s compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Whilst every individual who handles or processes data must comply with the law, it is a good idea to have one person who oversees the data processing to ensure that Doula UK is meeting all security obligations.
Whilst the Data Protection Officer is not a strict role, the DPO’s responsibilities often include a variety of tasks, including to:
- Be the nominated officer on the Data Protection Register.
- Develop and implement the organisation’s Data Protection Policy.
- Create ‘best practice’ guidance for data processors, preferably in written form for future reference.
- Train and advise staff on the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
- Identify and monitor the data processors whilst at work, ensuring that they deal with data in a manner consistent with the data protection principles.
- Process and respond to all requests for information by data subjects.
- Ensure data remains up-to-date and is destroyed when necessary.
Leadership Team Volunteers
- The Head of Mentoring role has always been shared by two volunteer members. Sally-Anne Holman stepped down in summer 2017, meaning that Ali Edwards is doing the job alone. Ali is also the Company Secretary and runs Introductory Workshops for Doula UK – so has quite a full plate, in addition to her personal and professional commitments! This position is open to any Doula UK Doula Mentor – for more details drop Ali a line on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Head of Education is responsible for the creation and assessment of the Doula UK educational offer, including the Core Curriculum and Observations and Evaluations of Doula Preparation Courses. If you come from an Education background, or have transferable skills which you think could benefit the organisation in this role, please email email@example.com
The Leadership Team meets quarterly in person, and holds online meetings in between as required. In addition the team uses an online communication platform called Slack, to manage the day to day task of running Doula UK, with Lizzie (the Operation Manager)’s support.
If you have experience writing grant funding applications, and would like to help Doula UK secure grant funding for essential projects such as investment in our website and the creation of resources for Members and the general public, please get in touch.
Do you have a background in media, law, education, IT project management or web development? If you’d like to volunteer to share your expertise with Doula UK, we’d love to hear from you!
All positions are open to Members and Friends of Doula UK. A successful candidates who does not fall into either category will be invited to become a Friend of Doula UK at no cost. Doula UK is a voluntary organisation, run by its members. While out of pocket expenses associated with volunteering are reimbursed, please be aware that none of the above are paid roles.
Please email a covering note and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org