By becoming a member of Doula UK, you support the work we do whilst receiving a number of benefits.
There are five categories of Doula UK membership:
- Recognised Doula Members
- Mentored Doula Members
- Friends of Doula UK
- Overseas Affiliate Member
- Lifetime Honorary Member
Members of Doula UK are by association also members of the European Doula Network, of which Doula UK is an active part.
For more details of the different categories of membership, including what benefits they come with, please see the Membership Rates page.
To join as a friend please sign up here
Scottish and Republic of Ireland doulas
Please get in touch with the Head of Mentoring
There are two routes to entry if you want to join Doula UK.
You will have completed a Doula UK approved preparation course. Once you have ‘graduated’, your course provider will notify Doula UK and you will receive an email with the link to use to join as a full member. If you have any questions about joining Doula UK please talk to your course provider or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This route into becoming a Doula UK member is for experienced doulas. By experienced we mean:
- Experienced* doulas from overseas moving to the UK,
- Experienced* UK doulas who have never been a member of Doula UK, and
- Experienced doulas who have attended an initial preparation doula course which is not approved by Doula UK can apply to join Doula UK via Route B.
- Previous Doula UK members returning after time out from the membership.
(*by experienced we mean having attended over 15 births or if you are a postnatal doula ONLY you must have minimum of 300 hours postnatal work. Evidence will need to be shown)
What is involved?
Please make contact with email@example.com and we will;
- Send you an application form
- Once we have received the application form we will arrange for you to have a 1-2-1 face to face consultation (in person or via Skype) to discuss your application
- From this 1-2-1 we will mutually agree a plan of action for you to become a member of Doula UK – this may include some mentoring.
Each application will be looked at on its own merit. Each doula who joins via Route B will have varying experience of being a doula and supporting women and their families.
If you would like to discuss the requirements before completing an application please contact us.
What is the cost of Route B?
The cost of the Route B entry consultation is £60 + Annual Membership of Doula UK at £7.25 per month by direct debit
(This excludes the cost of any activity undertaken as part of the agreed action plan).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be considered for Route B entry.