Lives in: Halstead CO9
Local info and availability:
As a birth and postnatal doula I am available to provide continuous, nurturing and compassionate care. I can support you at your chosen place of birth, whether at home, in a birth centre or in a hospital. I offer antenatal support within your own home and, can be a practical and emotional support during those early weeks and months with your new baby. My aim is for you to feel empowered and confident in your pregnancy, birth, and as you transition into your new role as a mother, whether your first, second or third baby. I am able to cover Essex and Suffolk.
Infant feeding peer supporter
As a birth and postnatal doula I can support and nurture you so, you can feel empowered, allowing you the most positive birth experience and best start in motherhood.
Being a mother has allowed me to grow in many ways and although it is the most fulfilling role, it has also been challenging at times, to say the least. I remember the difficulties I faced going into motherhood and how daunting and overwhelming it could feel at times, and still can do! I have always been fascinated by pregnancy and birth, and since having my own children, maternal mental health has become something I feel very passionate about.
Having worked as a nurse for the last 16 years I reached a point where I felt I wasn’t able to provide the care and support that patients needed and deserved. Time pressures and targets just got in the way. I want to be able to offer more time to people, in order to develop supportive and nurturing relationships.
I made the decision to change career paths and I completed my doula training with the award winning Kicki Hansard at The BirthBliss Academy and, the rest is history as they say!
With the combination of my knowledge, experience and training I can offer you informative, practical and emotional support, nurturing you through your journey in motherhood. I provide information, based on up-to-date evidence, to ensure you make choices based on what is right for you and your family. I want you to feel empowered and valued as a mother as you go through pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Having a doula allows you to have individualised support tailored to your unique needs. I can offer antenatal, birth and postnatal packages, being there for you as you need me. Here are some examples of the packages of support I am able to offer.
Antenatal packages can include but not limited to:
- Education on the physiology of birth and stages of labour,
- Information and support with comfort measures and pain management,
- Knowledge and Information about different types of birth,
- Support with birth planning,
- Exploring postnatal preparation and how this might look for you,
- Infant feeding education,
Birth packages can include but, not limited to:
- Antenatal sessions to discuss your birth preferences, provide birth information and education, emotional support, and postnatal planning, including phone and email support.
- On-call period – available via phone 24/7 from 38 to 42 weeks, or until birth.
- Labour and birth support at you chosen place of birth.
- Postnatal visit within 2 weeks of birth for birth completion and emotional support.
- Phone and email support up to 4 weeks after birth.
Postnatal packages can include but, not limited to:
- 21 hours of support to be taken as 7 x 3-hour sessions (schedule to be arranged at time of booking).
- Support to be tailored to your individual needs and can include but not limited to, emotional support, feeding support, baby care support and household chores.
- Phone support (during working hours) throughout the time working together.
Ad-hoc sessions available.
You can find out more on my website or take a look at my Facebook and Instagram pages.
Please do get in touch via email or WhatsApp, or book a no obligation phone call via my website http://www.nurturefuldoula.com, I would love to speak with you!