Lives in: London SW11
Local info and availability:
Wandsworth; Battersea; Lambeth; Fulham; Richmond; Chelsea
Postnatal Planning sessions
Hi, I’m Sam and I’m a Postnatal Doula – here to support and walk alongside you as you navigate your way through the fourth trimester and beyond.
I live in South West London with my husband and our two children. The birth and postnatal experience for both of my kids was very different. I’ll be honest and say it wasn’t easy with either. But, I did learn that saying “yes” to help makes a huge difference to how you feel both physically and emotionally.
I wanted to be a doula soon after my daughter was born. The trainee midwife in hospital was also a doula and the way that she cared for and supported us was incredible. I realised then that being able to help new parents was something I would love to do myself one day.
I feel incredibly fortunate that I’ve been able to follow my dream and I would really love to return the care and support I received to you and your family.
Some of the ways I can support you are by:
- Providing a guiding hand when it comes to feeding your baby
- Listening to your birth story, should you wish to share it
- Looking after your baby while you get some necessary rest or take a shower / have a bath
- Cooking you delicious, nutritious meals and preparing tasty snacks
- Creating an environment in which you feel calm and relaxed – it’s important to keep that oxytocin flowing!
- Ensuring you feel listened to and holding space for you
- Helping with light housework so that you can rather focus on spending precious time with your baby
- Accompanying you to appointments and baby classes in your area
- Providing you with any information on the postnatal period you may need.
I also offer Postnatal Planning sessions. This can be a stand-alone meeting or form part of your postnatal support package. During the session we’ll draw up a postnatal plan for you and your family and brainstorm what you’d like your postnatal journey to look like. We’ll cover topics such as feeding your baby, partner roles, baby’s transition from the womb to the world, self-care and mental wellbeing.
I look forward to hearing from you.