Postnatal (Mentored) Postnatal (Mentored)
Lives in: High Wycombe HP14
Local info and availability:
Wooburn Green, Loudwater, Holtspur, Beaconsfield, Flackwell Heath, Bourne End, Cookham, Marlow, Marlow Bottom, Little Marlow, Maidenhead, High Wycombe, Chesham, Amersham, Chalfont St. Peter, Chalfont St. Giles, Gerrards Cross, Stoke Poges, Burnham, Slough, Taplow, Thame, Haddenham, Aylesbury, Wendover
Languages spoken other than English:
French, German, Spanish
- In home postnatal support session (usually 2-3 hours slots) - 1:1 infant feeding sessions (breast, chest or bottle) - 1:1 sleep coach support - 1:1 or group antenatal Preparing to Breastfeed sessions (2.5 hours approx)
Becoming a mother changed me in ways I never thought possible. I had always considered myself to be carefree, confident, sociable and GREAT with kids! I really thought parenting would be a doddle! Straight after the birth of our son in 2013, I was overwhelmed at the responsibility of just keeping this little being alive. I had all the baby books, read all the blogs, had advice coming out of my ears, but I still felt I was doing it all wrong. It was exhausting and lonely, and I felt so guilty for not being able to enjoy my little boy during what was meant to be such a joyful time. I now know that a postnatal doula would have helped me navigate my way through this parenting minefield without judgement or agenda, but with empathy, expert knowledge and kindness, so that I could feel strong and confident in myself once more; this time as a mother.
“… a little baby isn’t built, stomach or soul, to be away from her source of all things good – you.”
(Wiessinger et al. 171)
Smoothing the passage to parenthood
Becoming a parent can be incredibly overwhelming and overwhelmingly incredible all at the same time! My aim as a postnatal doula is to make those early days and weeks the best they can be for you, your baby, the whole family. I enjoy witnessing parents “melt” into parenthood, adapting to this new life while growing in confidence every day.
Some of the things I offer include:-
– Infant feeding support, whether it is breast, chest or bottle.
– Companionship and a listening ear to explore without judgment any worries or challenges you may be facing as a new parent
– Preparing nourishing and healthy veggie/vegan snacks, smoothies or light meals
– Undertaking light household tasks like clearing and tidying surfaces, sorting and folding laundry
– Accompanying you to appointments if desired
– Looking after/wearing your baby while you nap/eat/spend time with another sibling/have some time just for you
– Supporting your partner or other members of your support circle
– Caring for older siblings
– Researching and signposting to the relevant experts as and when needed
Other stuff about me
I am married to Max and we live in Wooburn Green in leafy Bucks with our two children (born in 2013 and 2015). When I’m not working, I relish being with my family, indoors and out, exploring and discovering new places, camping, youth hostelling and generally having a happy time. I also absolutely love my volunteer breastfeeding counsellor role, offering support and providing up-to-date information to parents struggling with or simply wanting to learn more about breastfeeding.
Accredited Holistic Sleep Coach (Lyndsey Hookway at Babyem), June 2022
Accredited Breastfeeding Counsellor (national breastfeeding organisation), Aug 2020
Postnatal Planning (Younique Postnatal), Jun 2020
Twins and More Workshop (Younique Postnatal), Mar 2020
Understanding Newborns Workshop (Younique Postnatal), Mar 2020
Understanding Reflux Workshop (Younique Postnatal), Jan 2020
Initial Doula Preparation Course (Younique Postnatal), Apr 2019
Doula UK Introductory Workshop, Jan 2019