Location: Cambridge & various around the UK and online
Course Type: Birth Doula Preparation, Postnatal Doula Preparation
- Five full days or longer for the online courses.
- A loving, informal atmosphere designed to help you ‘find the doula within’ in a small, intimate group
- Courses round the UK facilitated by experienced doulas and Breastfeeding Counsellors
- Online courses available which consist of 9 zoom classes and lifetime access to an online course/manual on our courses website.
- Developing Doulas was founded by Maddie McMahon – experienced doula/breastfeeding counsellor and author of ‘Why Doulas Matter’ and ‘Why Mothering Matters’
- Practical skills for birth and postnatal doulas – learning to ‘mother the mother’ by listening, holding the space and supporting informed decision-making
- Time to debrief and explore your own experiences, share and give and receive support within the group
- Explore the role of the doula and what it means to you, your family and the wider community
- Support and information on setting up and getting going as a doula.
- Extensive online course manual that you have lifetime access to.
- One to one sessions at the end of the course to reflect on the course and your future as a doula
- Extend your learning and personal growth and benefit your community with the post-course project and our varied opportunities for additional learning.
- Certificate of completion
- Ongoing support through the Developing Doulas family and our Companionship scheme that provides mentoring and support.
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development of knowledge and skills through Developing Doulas workshops and work-from-home courses
- Cut price business, marketing and website support available to DD members and half price access to our Doulavation course which widens and deepens the learning from your preparation course.
- The Pam Lacey Award is for women who aspire to support breastfeeding mothers in their community. This awards 20% off the course fees.
- If you come from a marginalised community and wish to become a doula to support that community and need help to finance the course, please do talk to us.
- Payment in instalments welcome.