Location: University of Worcester
Course Type: Birth Doula Preparation
Cost: Please get in touch to discuss
Contact Name: Rebecca Wierenga
The NCT Doula programme enables successful candidates to practice as NCT Doulas. NCT Doulas work as independent practitioners. Although they are part of the NCT family and featured on the website, they book her own clients and set their own fees.
The nine-month long training course is made up of two modules:
- Dimensions of the role of the doula
- Realising the role of the doula.
- four weekend training sessions in Worcester
- monthly telephone tutorials
- 24-hour midwifery observation
- video and role play learning and reflection
- a supervised birth
- support from other doulas.
More about the training;
- The tutors are experienced doulas and NCT practitioners
- There are three summative assessments (an essay, an interactive session and accompanying information sheet)
- The training is highly experiential, and sessions are held in a mock hospital ward
- There are lots of clinical materials that students get a chance to familiarise themselves with. There is also access to the University’s library and other facilities.
The NCT Doula modules are currently offered as Individual Modules at Level 5 as part of the Foundation Degree programme in partnership with the University of Worcester.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your NCT License to Practice
As an NCT Doula there is ongoing support in the form of supervision, WhatsApp groups, CPD sessions, and a personalised NCT webpage.
This training route is currently being reviewed for 2023 onwards, please contact email@example.com for further details.