Location: University of Worcester
Course Type: Birth Doula Preparation
Cost: Please get in touch to discuss
Contact Name: Rebecca Wierenga
The NCT Doula programme enables successful candidates to practise as NCT Doulas.
NCT Doulas work as independent practitioners. Although they are part of the NCT
community and featured on the website, they book their own clients and set their own
The 6 month long training course is made up of two modules:
- Dimensions of the role of the doula
- Realising the role of the doula
- four weekend training sessions in Worcester
- zoom tutorials
- 24-hour midwifery observation
- group supervision
- video and role play learning and reflection
- a supervised birth
- support from other doulas
More about the training;
- The tutors are experienced doulas and NCT practitioners
- The training is highly experiential, and sessions are held in a mock
hospital maternity setting
- There are lots of labour and birth clinical materials that students get a
chance to familiarise themselves with. There is also access to the
University’s library and other facilities and support
- There are three summative assessments (an essay, an interactive session and accompanying information sheet)
The NCT Doula modules are currently offered as Individual Modules at Level 5 in
partnership with the University of Worcester.
For more information and to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your NCT Licence-to-Practise.
As an NCT Doula there is ongoing support in the form of supervision,WhatsApp groups, CPD sessions, and a personalised NCT webpage.
This training route is currently being reviewed for September 2024 onwards, please contact email@example.com for further details.