Location: Various across UK and overseas
Course Type: Birth Doula Preparation, Postnatal Doula Preparation
Cost: Expansive Course £1495, Intensive Course £749, Distance Course £849
Nurturing Birth is one of the most respected doula training companies in the UK. Having trained over 3000 doulas since 2005 the values of Nurturing Birth are compassion, respect and community. What we offer doulas once they have completed their doula training is just as important to us as the quality of the courses themselves. Doulas wanting to start their journey have three different options to choose from depending on their needs.
The Expansive Course is a deep-dive with three gatherings spread over four months, one-to-one mentoring throughout the course and a comprehensive online portal with presentations from over 20 specialist contributors across the perinatal field and business world.
The Intensive Course is a 4-day in-person course, held in comfortable, homely environments across the UK and beyond. The course includes pre and post course work plus one session of mentoring.
The Distance Course, held entirely online and the perfect opportunity for those who are less able to travel, have accessibility needs or very young children, is run as a series of sessions on Zoom with additional online content plus a mentoring session.
All Nurturing Birth courses have a wide range of activities to suit different learning types, and opportunities to learn from doulas with a great deal of relevant experience. Our facilitator and mentor team is international. We pride ourselves on having one of the most supportive communities of doulas within the UK, with secret Facebook and Telegram groups plus a free opportunity to join the us every week for a one-hour Virtual Cuppa where doulas bring whatever they would like to discuss to the table. Our aim at Nurturing Birth is to introduce people to the doula role, look at antenatal preparation, birth and postnatal support, nurture doulas through their journey and empower them to go out and support families with confidence. Nurturing Birth offers additional supportive short courses e.g. Introduction to LGBTQIA+ Inclusion and Homebirth in the Current Landscape. Mentoring is at the heart of everything we offer and our vision is that all doulas be mentored for the duration of their doula journey so that their practice is healthy and sustainable.
Three times a year Nurturing Birth offers a free 5-day experience, Is there a doula in you. There is a Nurturing Birth Scholarship which offers one full place and two half places on courses per year.
All doulas taking a Nurturing Birth course will get:
- Nurturing Birth Doula logos to put on websites and other promotional materials
- A comprehensive manual full of evidence-based research and information to support you in starting your doula journey (over 250 pages)
- A one-to-one call with their facilitator at the end of the course
- The opportunity to continue regular mentoring at a discounted rate
- A free listing on the international Nurturing Birth Directory
- Discounted options on some of our CPD courses
- Invitation to a secret Facebook and Telegram group where you can get support from our warm, welcoming network of Nurturing Birth doulas across the globe
- Invitation to the weekly Nurturing Birth Virtual Cuppa
- A quarterly e-newsletter with up-to-date research, information, CPD options and support
- The well-respected position of being a Nurturing Birth doula
Find out more about Nurturing Birth at https://nurturingbirth.co.uk and to see our upcoming courses visit https://courses.nurturingbirth.co.uk/upcoming-courses. To book a call with one of the Nurturing Birth team please send an expression of interest and/or subscribe to the mailing list.