When engaged in Social Media we encourage you to:
- Become a “fan” of any of Doula UK’s official Facebook page.
- “Follow” the official Doula UK Twitter handle.
- “Like” a status update or an article posted to our Facebook page.
- “Share” (or forward) official articles, posts or materials generated and made publicly available by Doula UK (e.g. re-tweet/share posts on Twitter or Facebook, videos on YouTube, press releases and feeds from the public areas of the Doula UK website)
- Share/forward positive articles and posts about Doula UK that are generated by a third party (e.g. a Guardian article about Doula UK)
- Have a personal and/or doula related blog, Twitter handle, Facebook page as long as you don’t discuss Doula UK business
- Post comments on Doula UK’s Facebook updates, or when you share approved posts, as long as your comments comply with these guidelines
- If you have comments or concerns you wish to raise in relation to Doula UK business we ask that you direct these to your Regional Rep, Rep Co-Ordinator or to a member of the Leadership Team.
When engaged in Social Media we ask you not to:
- Post any content that looks, feels or sounds like or can be mistaken for an official Doula UK statement.
- Discuss any non-public or confidential information about Doula UK.
- Respond to or comment on posts about Doula UK that are made by bloggers, reporters, customers or the general public on official Doula UK Social Media sites (e.g. Twitter, Facebook) or on third-party sites, even if such posts are inaccurate or critical of the organisation.
- Participate in developing any Wikipedia content concerning Doula UK.
- Discuss clients or matters relating to them on any social media site whether ‘personal’ or ‘doula related’.
- Disparage colleagues or others you work with in your role as a doula on any social media site whether ‘personal’ or ‘doula related’.
- Forward or post any internal communications, including e-mails, e-News, memos or any documents posted our Online Forum.
- If it is deemed you have breached these guidelines you may be subject to our disciplinary procedure.
Click here to download Doula UK Social Media Guidelines and Complaints Procedure