- Has completed a Doula UK Approved Doula Preparation Course. All Doula UK approved course providers follow the Doula UK core curriculum, are led by experienced doulas, are regularly assessed, have completed inclusivity and diversity training and adhere to the Doula UK code of conduct and philosophy.
- Alternatively experienced doulas and birthworkers can also join Doula UK but must complete additional Doula UK training modules.
- Has been mentored or is currently being mentored by our Doula UK Mentoring and Recognition Process.
- Is continually learning and developing through the membership community, CPD and the support network of Doula UK.
- Is recommended to have appropriate insurance and to provide clients with a clear, written agreement.
- Is committed to abiding by Doula UK’s Philosophy, Code of Conduct and Infant Feeding Guidance.
- Furthermore your confidentiality is protected by the Social Media Guidelines and safeguarding policies to protect you and your doula.
Doula UK is a not for profit community interest company and is a membership organisation.
We trust that the information our doulas provide us with is truthful. However if we are made aware of any circumstance which we consider would preclude a member working with your family or in the presence of children, we will rescind membership immediately. Please ask your doula for references, and a DBS certificate if you feel it is necessary. (Please note that having a DBS certificate is not a condition of Doula UK membership unless they are offering support to you through the Doula Access Fund where it is essential).